This Blog was posted for you By Your San Antonio Pest Control – Jenkins Pest and Lawn
Cockroach Control & Treatment | Pest Control Services
Our rodent control and removal will help you get rid of rats and mice. Rodent management, rodent prevention, residential and commercial rodent control experts from trapping to rodent damage repair, rodent prevention, and exclusion services.
An apartment building has unwanted tenants called cockroaches. This is a huge problem and renters are screaming to get rid of the cockroaches now! It only takes one unit to have an infestation because the pests can move quickly. There are measures to take to find out how the pests gained access to units and the entire building. Yes, Pest Control is needed but there are steps to be taken first.
Cockroaches are a big problem
Cockroaches are cagey and look for nice cozy, warm, and moist spots to call home. Some of the sites on target are healthcare facilities, commercial businesses, and residential homes. All of which are susceptible to this type of infestation. They keep pest control companies hopping.
Health Impacts of Cockroaches
German roaches feed on garbage and thrive near damp, bacteria-laden environments. As a result, German roaches are known to carry pathogens of some 40-50 diseases. Although not actually proven to cause any diseases, German cockroaches are commonly suspected of spreading illnesses. Some experts believe their discarded skin castings are the number one trigger of asthma in urban environments.
Where German Roaches Come From
German cockroaches are hitchhikers on people and possessions. In multi-family dwellings, they can easily travel from unit to unit through walls, ceilings, floors, vents, plumbing and wiring. They also travel in on second-hand furniture and appliances. In rare instances, newly purchased items such as groceries can act as a carrier. While German cockroaches can survive outdoors temporarily, this is not common for prolonged periods of time. They only occasionally travel from one free-standing house to another.
How to Get Rid of German Roaches:
- Keep your home clean and free of food scraps. Roaches thrive on food such as trash, dirty dishes, and leftover grease, as well as residues from toothbrushes and dish sponges. They will even eat the cast-off skins and feces of other roaches for survival. Good basic sanitation can not only prevent a roach infestation but also significantly improve the effectiveness of treatment.
- Place bait traps where you most often see the roaches. The proper use of gel baits can often eliminate a German cockroach infestation. The key is to place the bait in the specific spots within the room where roaches and/or their fecal pellets have been spotted. Near the coffee maker, on the floor by the stove, and on the wall behind the sink are common crevices where bait should be applied. Bait placements are ideally about the size of a pea.
- Use caution when placing bait. Do not apply the bait to areas that come into contact with food, or that are accessible to children or pets. Completely read and follow all label directions before using any bait or other pesticide.
- Reapply bait to avoid re-infestation by new nymphs. Re-bait three to four weeks after the initial treatment, to ensure that new roach hatchlings have fresh, edible bait on which to feed and kill themselves.
- Refer to a professional exterminator for faster treatment. A seasoned professional can usually get rid of a roach infestation faster than a homeowner because of their expertise and experience. German cockroaches are often elusive, reproduce quickly, and pose numerous health hazards. For these reasons, it is most effective to allow a professional to handle their extermination.
Tenants screaming get rid of the ugly, nasty, and disgusting cockroaches now:
The best cockroach prevention is excellent sanitization practices. Cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness. Always keep the kitchen and bathroom as clean as possible. But also includes the entire apartment unit and building. The usual household tasks should not be ignored. Like taking the garbage out on a daily basis. Never leave food out at any time. When done with meals or snacks clear away food and dishes. Uncovered food and boxes left open is a huge invitation for the ugly pests to come on in. In this case, the apartment manager was notified and verified with other tenants there was a crucial problem. The manager made the decision to call our exterminators for professional help with the cockroach infestation.
In speaking with one of our experienced technicians, the manager learned that the elimination of this type of infestation could require multiple visits. It was also stressed to the manager that all tenants had to follow all of the preliminary steps for a successful extermination before treatment was applied. Not complying would mean having to repeat the service. Our exterminators are very successful in taking care of this serious issue. Pest control professionals take great pride in the success rate of eliminating cockroaches. Our technicians are very thorough and diligent in the process of exterminating the infestation. Cockroaches may have been new tenants in an apartment building but were soon evicted by our exterminators.
Cockroaches can be found in commercial establishments. They have infested offices, stores, hotels, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. They can hide in your luggage. Cockroaches can infest apartments and restaurants.